Friday, May 18, 2012

Jessie J's song who you are speaks about losing the true you. She explains that you always have to be the real you an never change for anyone. When you listen to the song, it seems like she is speaking upon experience. As if she one time was with someone that changed who she use to be. Overall, this song has a great meaning.




I stare at my reflection in the mirror:
"Why am I doing this to myself?"
Losing my mind on a tiny error,
I nearly left the real me on the shelf.
No, no, no, no, no...

Don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars!
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay.
Sometimes it's hard to follow your heart.
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are!
(who you are [x11])


Who you are is a great song with a wonderful meaning. I would say that I have a favorite part in this song but I don't. In this song the tone of her voice is angry because of how much hurt someone caused her to feel. Not only did I realize that she wasn't happy but she was also used the repetition of the ending "ing". For example, you have the four words "deceiving, believing, losing, and bruising".

J. Jessie. "Who you are." Letssingit. Ed.Renata Silva, Niquette Smith, karen Halabura,Shanice 
   Baldeo2000-2012. <https://letssingit.com>

No comments: