Thursday, May 24, 2012

This song is by Justin Bieber is about people that are struggling in the world whether it is from those who have little to no food to those who have lost their lives fighting in a war.





Oh, oh ohhh oh [x3]
(And I pray)
I just can't sleep tonight.
Knowing that things ain't right.
It's in the papers, it's on the TV, it's everywhere that I go.
Children are crying.
Soldiers are dying
Some people don't have a home

But I know there's sunshine beyond that rain
I know there's good times behind that pain
Hey, can you tell me how I can make a change?

I close my eyes and I can see a better day
I close my eyes and pray
I close my eyes and I can see a better day
I close my eyes and pray


The artist uses pathos and tone with this song. Bieber is trying to make his audience aware of what is going on in the world by touching them and making them feel sad when you listen to the song. The tone is stern and moving when in toned with the lyrics, especially with the repetition "I close my eyes".

Bieber, Justin. "Pray." AZLyrics. Hamilton, Sharyl. 2012. <http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/justinbieber/pray.html>

No comments: