Tuesday, May 22, 2012

This poem that seems to be like the author, Roy Epperle, is talking to his cat. He is telling his cat how with the help from him/her, he's able to feel better again. Whereas, if he didn't get the help he would be having a miserable day. Roy Epperle seems to feel as though, his kitty friend will help him every time he feels bad or is having a sad day.














I don't feel well today.. My Kitty Friend 
What will you do.. to help me again 
Some words spoke in cat 
Will that make it better 
Or will you go catch a mouse 
And make me a mouse sweater 

Maybe throw me some yarn 
Wrapped up in a ball 
Or help swat at a shadow 
I saw on the wall 

We can take a long nap 
Or run fast and quick 
And you'll never remind me 
That i'm feeling sick 

Then share with me secrets 
Of lives that you've had 
And I will feel better 
When i'm feeling bad 

Or just sit with me quietly 
Like you most always do 
And give me the strength 
To follow this through 

I don't feel well today, My Kitty Friend 
But I know that tommorrow 
You will help me...again


The reason why I like this poem is because it  rhymes throughout the entire thing.  What also catches my eye is that this guy has such a huge bond with his kitten that he feels like his kitten could change the mood he is feeling.  The only repetition used in this poem is the first line in the first paragraph and the first sentence in the last paragraph.


Epperle, Roy. "My Kitten Friend." Poetry. 2012. <http://www.poetry.com/poem/245680>

No comments: